Sunday, September 21, 2014

Busy Days...

I apologize that it has been a couple weeks since I have had the opportunity to write. Life has been pretty busy for me these days. As if the pressure of a full time job, living as a single mother, and carrying the weight of a household on my shoulders wasn't enough I decided to launch this ministry. I don't really feel like I decided anything I feel like God gave me instructions and I followed them as I am supposed to do. I haven't finished telling my story by any means and from what you all may have figured out by now I haven't really seen myself as much of anything. Especially compared to other people. The biggest lesson I have learned recently is that it doesn't matter what I think of myself when it comes to doing God's work. It doesn't matter how confident I am within myself when it comes time for God to say it's time. I remember being at the conference I went to on August 16th (btw was intended to be my wedding day but due to unfortunate circumstances my wedding had to be postponed) and being surrounded by amazing women. Women who had been through so much more abuse and hardships than I could have ever even imagined. My story felt so small in comparison to them. Yet these women who had endured horrific childhoods and adulthood were soldiers for God. Doing big things in a big way. Yet I was afraid. Yet I was telling myself I wasn't qualified to be a leader to run a ministry as big as God had given me a vision for. Right there and than amongst these women God spoke to me and said "You are qualified because I have qualified you." and I knew it was time. So I have hit the ground running with the ministry. I ordered a few brochures and a few business cards, picked a date for my launch party before I even figured out HOW I WAS GOING TO DO THIS? The how had already been given to me. God would make a way. So I have totally stepped out on faith, opened my heart and my bank account to this venture and I am totally trusting God 100% for probably the first time in my life. Yes it is incredibly scary and every day I pray hard that I am doing the right thing and that God is leading me. I know he is because he has brought such amazing women into my life and showing me and other people another side of my daughter and allowing her to gain confidence in herself that she didn't know existed. So thats pretty much it for this entry. It's going to be a busy week around PLUM headquarters to get ready for Saturdays festivities and I know it will be a truly blessed event for all those who attend. So all of you out there in my corner thanks for your support!
B

No comments:

Post a Comment